Tuesday, January 3, 2012

UCC


Well today I made my first trip to campus for orientation! It's about a 10 minute walk from my apartment. The picture above is the "main quad".  It's the center of campus and the rooms in this building surrounding it are all of the main offices.  A part of the orientation included a campus tour and this campus is gorgeous!  It's not very big and all of the buildings look very similar to this one.  There are a lot of lawns and the grass is SO green! Meghan and I decided that it's a modern day Hogwarts. The University of College Cork has about 13,000 students, and 2,500 of those are international students, over half of those are from the United States.

The best thing about this campus? There are TWO bars on campus! One in the student union and I heard that the other one is at the top floor of the library. It looks like it's going to be a productive semester :)

Fun Fact: Ireland formed the first police force in the world.

Oh, and I got my suitcase today! It was waiting for me in my leasing office.  Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristi!
    The Steiner's are on board!! What a great way to share your trip! Now we don't have to wait until you return in May to hear about all of your fun experiences!
    The campus looks awesome! Keep the pictures coming!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete