Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Food

There are a lot of different terms for food here. Grocery shopping and ordering food at restaurants takes more time because I need to translate the food.  French fries in Ireland are called chips and they are the thicker wedge or steak cut fries.  You can only find the skinny ones at McDonalds and Burger King.  They are served with almost everything.  They were even a side option at the authentic Chinese restaurant that we went to!  Potato chips are called crisps here. Hamburger is called mince.  A zucchini is called a crochet. Pop is called fizz drink. Also, the ketchup is different here, it's sweeter.  The Irish also love sweet chili sauce!! It's as common as ketchup here.  

My Irish roommates eat a lot later than me.  They eat lunch around 2pm and they are just starting to all make dinner now (8:30).  They eat beef or pork with potatoes and a lot of vegetables covered in gravy most nights.  

Does anyone need me to overnight them some roast turkey or shrimp cocktail Pringles?? Gross.


I don't have school tomorrow or Friday.  I am going to go walking around tomorrow when I wake up.  There is a big park just south of my apartment that I want to go find. I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment