Friday, January 13, 2012

Cars


I would say that 3 out of every 4 cars on the road are these small station wagon looking cars.  It is very rare to see anything larger than a car here.  I've only seen a few SUV's.  Public transportation is huge here.  Bus Eireann is a big bus company that transports people around Cork but also does long distance routes around Ireland.  Here's a picture of the double-decker Cork busses! Although Cork is small enough where I can walk everywhere, at some point I will ride on the 2nd story of one of these!


Here is a picture of my roommate Lorna and I from last night.  A couple of my roommates have mentioned bringing me back to their hometowns for a weekend to stay with their family and meet their friends.  They keep telling me how delighted their mothers would be!  I told them how fun that would be for me so I hope it pulls through!


A not-so-fun fact: I have come to find out from locals that Kristi is a boys name in Ireland and it's spelled like "Christy".  Great...

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was a reason we called you KRISTEN!!!! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete