Sunday, January 22, 2012

Alleys & Mushy Peas

Although I've been walking around this town for almost three weeks now I'm still seeing new things every day.  There are so many small alleyways off the main drag with one of a kind gift shops, pubs, and restaurants.  I think that if I ate at a different restaurant here for every meal during my stay in Cork I would still miss a couple.  

**I was about to snatch that little pink munchkin on the left side of this picture, she was so adorable!  There's nothing cuter than a toddler with an Irish accent.




There's another aspect of the Irish life that I need to share with you all. Mushy peas.  The Irish are obsessed with these things.  My roommates eat them all the time for dinner.  They look like peas thrown in a blender, or baby food essentially.  My roommate Laura asked me if I wanted to try them one night and I did.  They weren't bad because I love peas!  It just tasted like peas that had already been chewed up by someone else before they reached my mouth.  I wouldn't avoid them if they were served to me but I decided that I prefer the round vegetable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment