Friday, January 6, 2012

Deanshall





Well here are some pictures of where I live! I live in the Deanshall student apartments off of a road called Crosses Green.  I am about a ten minute walk from my school and just over the river is the city centre (downtown Cork)! I live in a 5 bedroom apartment and I was told that four Irish girls live in the other rooms.  I haven't seen or met any of my roommates yet. One of Meghan's roommates says that they might be students of the Cork Music School which doesn't start until next week. Maybe I will be seeing them on Sunday! Unlike American college students, most of the Irish students go home on the weekends so I probably won't be seeing them around this weekend.

The first picture is right when you walk into my room.  There's a desk right under a huge bay window! The second picture is the view out of my window when you look to the right. I'll have to show you a picture of the view to the left another time, it's deserving of its own post! I have my own bathroom and shower which is really nice and I have a double bed and a huge closet. It looks like I'll need to do some serious shopping in order to fill out the space. Shoot. 

I share a kitchen, living room with TV, and a balcony with my 4 other roommates.

Something I learned the hard way: grocery stores in Cork doen't give you plastic bags for free. You have to buy them! It's about $1 for a plastic grocery bag at the super markets here or else you can bring your own reusable bag.  Although this will be inconvenient until I start remembering to bring a bag, I think it's a great idea!!

Even though the Irish students go home on the weekend, it won't stop the Americans from having their own fun! I'm just about to get ready to go out for the night. I hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment