Thursday, March 15, 2012

Petrol

Unleaded gas (or petrol as they call it) is on average 1.60 Euro in Ireland right now.  This price is for one liter of petrol.  If I convert this to gallons, it's about 6.06 Euro per gallon.  With the current exchange rate, this puts gas at $7.94/gallon!


Almost everyone drives manual cars here.  Buying an automatic car here is significantly more expensive.

I have a friend, Laura, from Iowa State that is studying abroad at the University of Limerick in Limerick, Ireland this semester.  She is on her way to Cork right now to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with me!  We are getting ready for a crazy weekend here.  In addition to Patty's Day there is a huge rugby match against England.  Cork has a big festival from Saturday to Monday with a big parade, live Irish music, and dance.  Monday is a bank holiday due to St. Patrick's Day which means I don't have school! I hope you all have a great weekend and St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment