Friday, March 30, 2012

Fota Island Zoo

The past few days have been beautiful here in Cork!  Sunny, blue skies, and 70 degrees.  On Wednesday Meghan and I set our alarms just to walk to this park to sit on a bench and sit in the sunshine.  I got sun burnt!  It's never felt so good. 


Andrea got here yesterday morning!! It was a great reunion.  I barely let my sister drop her bags off before Meghan and I whisked her off to Fota Island Zoo with us.  Fota Island is about 15 minutes away by train.  This was our first time on the train!  The train was an experience and it wasn't exactly what we were expecting.  Meghan, Andrea, and I came to this conclusion: the train looked like a train on the outside, it looked like a subway car on the inside, it rocked like a boat, and had the speed and sound of a bus.

Arriving on Fota Island:


Waiting for the train!




Feeding the birds...


This thing is called a Mara.  It's the weirdest looking animal!  We concluded that if a deer, rabbit, and dog somehow reproduced it would look like this...



Pengin!


No comments:

Post a Comment